28 Mar Join the WEF team!
The Wind Energy Foundation is hiring! More details below.
The Wind Energy Foundation (WEF), a nonprofit organization focused on accelerating the nation’s shift to clean, domestically-produced renewable energy and delivering solutions to climate change, seeks a Program Associate to provide critical research, writing, and administrative support for the Foundation’s work. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Program Associate serves as part of a small D.C.-based staff team that: (1) implements organizing and communications strategies; and (2) ensures the effective administration of the organization. The position requires strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple tasks, critical thinking and communication skills, and an ability to learn complex issues. Tasks will include providing support for daily operations, including performing general administrative duties. Roughly 50 percent of the position focuses on implementing WEF’s organizing and communications programs and roughly 50 percent focuses on providing administrative support.
Key program responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Executive Director and Director of Public Affairs in researching, writing, and publishing educational materials for WEFs advocacy campaigns, including posting material on WEF’s social media channels.
- Assisting with presentations for internal and external stakeholders, drafting and editing written memoranda, talking points, letters, and other internal and external communications.
- Assisting with maintaining the Foundation’s website, including researching, writing, editing, fact checking, formatting, and adding photos and videos.
- Providing program support for consultants in the field.
- Assisting with maintaining advocate database, including report production.
- Planning and executing logistics for workshops, fundraisers, and receptions
Key administrative responsibilities include:
- Recording and depositing checks.
- Recording, coding, and ensuring timely payment of invoices.
- Assisting the Executive Director in tracking deadlines, arranging travel and meetings, and managing the Foundation’s schedule.
- Managing subscriptions and contracts, completing shipping and mailings, making photocopies, ordering supplies, setting up meetings including audio-video and catering if needed, and performing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the production of the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter and other marketing materials.
- Organizing and maintaining the Foundation’s files (all files are digital).
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping to accelerate the nation’s shift to renewable energy and delivering solutions to climate change. Minimum 1-3 years administrative experience, including support for executives. Highly organized, self-starter who is detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to identify problems, research alternatives and resolve them. Ability to write and edit information products, making complicated material clear for a variety of audiences. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, WordPress, Trello, and Quickbase.
To apply: Send resume with salary requirements to WEFjobs@awea.org (please use “WEF Program Associate” in subject line) or mail to Wind Energy Foundation, 1501 M Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005, attention HR.
WEF is Metro accessible and provides a generous benefit package.
WEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer